|East Central and Quinte Home page
East Central Soil & Crop News
This Issue Sponsored By: OMAFRA, OSCIA, East Central members, and by
For Durham, Peterborough, Victoria (CKL)/Haliburton, and York Soil & Crop Members
Alpine Plant Food - Brad King, Ron Metcalf - Quality and Pride Seeds, Evergreen John Deere,
Pearson Insurance, Pickseed Canada - Lyle Gallagher, Hyland Seeds - Craig Carson,
Dekalb - Dan Kaufman, Joe Hickson - Midnight Acres Inc, Ed Warriner - NK Seeds,
Ganaraska Grain - Rafe Currelly, BASF - Ian Page, Royal Bank in Peterborough
Tom Barrie - Pioneer, Terratec Environmental, Hub International, Reesor Seed and Grain
Maizex Seeds, Daryl Rush - Lockie Farms
See Sponsor Ads
- Message from the President
- Ontario Forage Masters
- 2009 OSCIA Annual Meeting
- Report from Dean of OAC
- OMAFRA Report
- Tips from the JHSC
- SouthWest Diagnostic Days
- Prescott SCIA Seed Fair
- Canada's Outdoor Farm Show
- Twin Row Corn
- Will Fusarium Be A Problem In the 2009 Spring Wheat Crop?
- Harvesting the Cereal Nurse Crop Early
- Johne's Disease Is An Increasing Problem - Should Manure Be Applied To Forages?
- Checklist for Being an Organic Farmer
- Aphanomyces in Alfalfa Survey - Request for Soil Samples!
- Crop Residues - Your Future Cash Crop?
- Soil Erosion - This Year More Than Most
Saturday August 15
Quinte and East Central Regional SCIA bus and car trip to
Kurt Vanclief's Switchgrass trials near Ameliasburg,
Mark and Shawn Donnan's Digester to produce energy, on hwy 62 between Belleville and Stirling,
and Kawartha Ethanol near Havelock.
Contact: Neil Moore
Got a project? - Need some financial assistance?
Your 4-H or Soil and Crop Association can apply for up to $750 towards the project.
Applications may be made to the East Central Region Soil and Crop improvement Association for up to $750 for Soil & Crop or 4-H projects in the East Central area. Decision to accept the project will reflect the mandate of the East Central Soil & Crop Improvement Association.
One project has been approved - to take a 4-H field crop club by car to the Everdale Organic Farm and
Environmental Learning Centre
Contact: Neil Moore