|East Central and Quinte Home page
Quinte Soil & Crop News
This Issue Sponsored By: OMAFRA, OSCIA, Quinte members, and by
For Hastings/Lennox & Addington, Northumberland, and Prince Edward Soil & Crop Members
Alpine Plant Food - Brad King, Pickseed Canada - Lyle Gallagher, Royal Bank in Peterborough,
Hyland Seeds - Craig Carson, Dekalb - Jason MacCuaig, BASF - Ian Page, Quality Seeds - Doug Baker,
County Farm Centre - Doug West, Terratec Environmental, Country Farm Seeds - Harold Huff,
Tri-County Agromart, Maizex Seeds See Sponsor Ads
- Message from the President
- Ontario Forage Masters
- 2009 OSCIA Annual Meeting
- Report from Dean of OAC
- OMAFRA Report
- Tips from the JHSC
- SouthWest Diagnostic Days
- Prescott SCIA Seed Fair
- Canada's Outdoor Farm Show
- Twin Row Corn
- Will Fusarium Be A Problem In the 2009 Spring Wheat Crop?
- Harvesting the Cereal Nurse Crop Early
- Johne's Disease Is An Increasing Problem - Should Manure Be Applied To Forages?
- Checklist for Being an Organic Farmer
- Aphanomyces in Alfalfa Survey - Request for Soil Samples!
- Crop Residues - Your Future Cash Crop?
- Soil Erosion - This Year More Than Most
Saturday August 15
Quinte and East Central Regional SCIA bus and car trip to
Kurt Vanclief's Switchgrass trials near Ameliasburg,
Mark and Shawn Donnan's Digester to produce energy, on hwy 62 between Belleville and Stirling,
and Kawartha Ethanol near Havelock.
Contact: Neil Moore