- December 3-6 Ecological Farmers of Ontario Conference. Regeneration: Seeds, Soil and Community Connection. A choice of 5 full-day intensive workshops, farm tours, Research Symposium, farmer-to-farmer Q&A sessions and a bustling Trade Show. Four Points by Sheraton, London. https://conference.efao.ca/
- December 6 Forage Focus. Stratford Rotary Complex plus remote locations. $40 includes lunch and conference proceedings. Keynote speaker Michael Hutjens, Professor Emeritus, ANSC Department of Animal Sciences. U of Illinois. Call to register by November 30. 1-877-892-8663
- December 10 Scaling Up Sales for the Wholesale Market. A workshop for farmers. 9 am to 4 pm. 270 George St North, Peterborough. $60 before November 16, $75 after. Lunch included. For more information and to register: or 1-705-743-7671
- December 13 Northumberland SCIA ADM 10 am Codrington Community Centre
- December 19 Innovative Farmers presents, “Marketing Workshop” www.ifao.com
- January 3,4 Southwest Agricultural Conference Presents “The Road Ahead” at University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus www.southwestagconference.ca
- January 7 York SCIA ADM 10 am Mount Albert Lion’s Community Centre. Lunch $20, Membership $20. Darrell Wade from Farm Life discussing succession planning. Eric Brubacher from OK Tire and Jake Kraayenbrink from Agribrink discussing tire technology. Phil Vandenberg discussing his work with farmers in Tanzania. Matt Porter, Trent U on the Tier 2 cover crop project “Regenerative Agriculture: Microbes and Insect Interactions in Action”
- January 10 Peterborough SCIA AGM 10 am Agricultural Heritage Barn, Lang Pioneer Village Museum, Keene. Lunch $10, Membership $20. 4R Nutrient Stewardship Program. Bruce McKeown on bus trip to Iowa. Matt Porter, Trent U on the Tier 2 cover crop project “Regenerative Agriculture: Microbes and Insect Interactions in Action”
All invited to come see the Barn East Central SCIA helped sponsor
- January 11 Durham SCIA ADM 10 am Blackstock Recreation Complex. Lunch $20, Membership $20. Donna and Peter Archer on Marketing. Jamie McWilliams on grain bin safety. Bus trip to Iowa. Kate Johnson on JF exchange to Austria. Matt Porter, Trent U on the Tier 2 cover crop project “Regenerative Agriculture: Microbes and Insect Interactions in Action”
- January 15 Victoria SCIA AGM 10 am Fenelon Township Community Centre, Cambray. Lunch $20, Membership $20 Both together $30. Bruce McKeown on bus trip to Iowa. Christine O’Reilly OMAFRA Forage and Pasture Specialist with farmer panel on grazing cover crops. Matt Porter, Trent U on the Tier 2 cover crop project “Regenerative Agriculture: Microbes and Insect Interactions in Action” with Ian McDonald OMAFRA on compaction
- January 18 CropSmart, RIM park. FarmSmart webpage.
- January 19 FarmSmart, University of Guelph. More information on the FarmSmart webpage.
- January 22 Ontario Canola Growers Annual Meeting, Nottawasaga Inn, Alliston www.ontariocanolagrowers.ca
- February 5-6 Farms.com Precision Agriculture Conference & Ag Technology Showcase. London Convention Centre.
- February 5-6 OSCIA AGM, Four Points Sheraton in Kingston
- February 12 Eastern Ontario Crop Conference, 8:30 am to 5 pm, North Grenville Municipal Centre 285 county Rd 44, Kemptville. Certified Crop Advisor credits available. Registration(Before Feb 7th) $80. OSCIA Members: $75. Student: $30. Walk-ins $100. www.eastontcropconference.ca Contact 1-877-424-1300
- February 13-16 National Farm Machinery Show Louisville, KY http://www.farmmachineryshow.org
- February 20,21 Innovative Farmers Conference. Soil Health and Precision Farming speakers
- February 21 2nd Central East Precision Ag Conference. At Trent University’s Gzowski College building
- February 21-23 New York Farm Show, Syracuse, NY http://www.newyorkfarmshow.com
- February 23 Trenton Woodlot Conference at the Batawa Community Centre, 81 Plant St, Batawa. Theme is Farms and Forests: Living on the Edge. Much of the forest cover in our area is on farms. 8 am to 4 pm. Program at 9 includes Dr. Rene Van Acker, Dean of the Ontario Agricultural College at U. of Guelph, and Susan Willis Chan, instructor in Sustainable Agriculture. Plus a field trip at the Goodrich-Loomis Conservation Area. $40 Includes Hot Lunch www.hastingsstewardship.ca or call (613) 391-9034 email@example.com
- February 28, March 1 Central Ontario Agricultural Conference https://www.centralontarioagconference.ca/
- March 6,7 East Central Farm Show (39th). Wednesday March 6th, 9:30 am to 9 pm. Thursday March 7th, 9:30 am to 4 pm. In the Commonwell Exhibition Building, Lindsay Fairgrounds. https://regionalscia.org/ecfs-html/
- March 12-14 Ottawa Valley Farm Show http://ottawafarmshow.com/
- March 19 Grain Farmers of Ontario March Classic, London
- March 22 City of Kawartha Lakes Spotlight on Agriculture, in the Commonwell Exhibition building at the Lindsay Exhibition grounds, is a collaborative social event to celebrate agricultural excellence and achievement.
- April 3 East Central Farm Show Committee Meeting, noon Swiss Chalet, 1 pm Lindsay Fairgrounds
- April 5 East Central Region Annual Directors Meeting, 9:30 am, Lindsay Fairgrounds